At Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited our aim is to welcome you to the clinic with a view to getting you better and back to a healthier you.
If you have any questions at any point throughout the course of your appointment, please do not hesitate to ask. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Business below to help you understand how we operate.
Advice presented on this website is for information only and is not intended as a substitute for seeking professional medical advice. Whilst we have made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and validity of all information provided on this website, the practice does not accept responsibility for events arising from the use of the information provided. Advice offered to patients, while being as accurate and complete as possible, should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with the patient’s own doctor.
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited needs to inform the client about their payment terms in order that they are clear, and the focus is on the client’s treatment. Unless an approved third party has guaranteed the client’s account, it must be settled in full on the day of treatment.
Methods of Payment:
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited accepts all major credit and debits cards, excluding American Express at our clinics. We can also accept cash and bank transfers. Bank transfers must be made in advance such that funds are cleared on the day of treatment.
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited has direct settlement arrangements with many insurance companies; this means Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited are able to invoice the insurer directly on the client’s behalf. It will be necessary for the client to supply us with their full insurance details when they register, otherwise they will need to pay for their treatment on the day.
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that their Private Medical Insurance cover is adequate to pay for their treatments. Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited recommends that client contact their insurance company before starting treatment, to clarify whether a medical referral is required, whether there are any terms, conditions and restrictions on their policy and then maintain regular contact with them (Insurance Company) to ensure on-going coverage otherwise the client will need to pay for their treatment on the day.
Although Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited will invoice an insurance company directly on the client’s behalf; it remains their responsibility to ensure that claim forms are processed promptly. Should the
insurer decline or delay payment for any part of the treatment, we will invoice the client for immediate settlement.
Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited accepts direct payment arrangements only from the patient or a third party with whom we have a prior arrangement. Some client’s employers will agree to pay for any excess or shortfall payments but unless we have a prior arrangement with them in writing, the client must settle their account with Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited and then recover the balance from their employer.
Cancellations & Missed Appointments:
- When the client makes an appointment, an agreed period of time is held for them. Appointments that are cancelled, not attended (DNA) or rescheduled will be charged at the full fee if the client fails to give 24 hours’ notice of non-attendance. Please note that the client’s insurance companies will not pay these charges and therefore the client will be invoiced directly.
- Interest at the rate of 12% will be an additional charge made to all invoices from the date they become due. Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited understand and will exercise their statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt retrieval costs under the late payment legislation if Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited are not paid according to the above terms.
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited strictly abides by and adheres to the GDPR 2018, which sets rules for the processing of personal information. It applies to both manual and computer records.
Clients have the right to access information held about them either electronically or in paper format. Clients who wish to obtain this information will need to contact the Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited Business Manager by email on firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange for the client to sign a Release of Medical Records Form. There will be an applicable administrative charge of £50.
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited requires the client consent both for processing client data and treatment. The client’s signature on the
Initial Assessment form confirms that the client has read and understood the terms and conditions and that client:
- Consents to information including medical details about the client being processed for the purposes of treatments as a private client and the settlement of related expenses.
- Consents to treatment by the physiotherapist in attendance.
- Consents to having details, which are relevant to the client’s conditions and for which they are seeking treatment, to be shared with client’s GP/consultant or their referring medical agency on request.
- Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited is committed to maintaining strict confidentiality. This means that when accessing patient information Media City Physio and Training Centre Limited looks at the following conditions:
- Justify the purpose.
- Use patient identifiable information only if it is absolutely necessary and legally permissible.
- Ensure that patient identifiable information is accessed only on a strict need to know basis.
- Ensure that everyone with access to patient identifiable information is aware of their responsibilities.
- Understand and comply with the GDPR 2018.
Got a question we haven’t answered?
- If you’d like us to add a question that you think might be helpful for others, let us know by filling in the form.